Thanks to the all of the rain, McClellan Assisted Living Facility is now set to open in September, two months later than the original opening date. There will be 60 apartments available for residents and it will create 26 jobs in the area. Read more here
- The McClellan Assisted Living Facility (MALF) is the premiere 64-unit independent and assisted living facility located at 41 Polkville Drive in Anniston, Alabama on what was once known as Fort McClellan military base.
- Construction of the MALF is the first step in showing each party’s commitment to supporting senior citizens in the Anniston area by offering affordable, long-term housing.
- The new facility will occupy a current structure; one, five-story building that previously housed military officers in one-and-two bedroom units, and will undergo extensive remolding before opening.
- In addition to four independent units, the MALF will be licensed by the State of Alabama to include 60 assisted living beds.
- Each MALF unit is 320 square feet in size and includes independent heating and air controls and a private bathroom well-appointed with walk-in showers with seats and safety rails.
- All residents will enjoy the use of a large dining area with indoor and outdoor seating, a private dining area for special functions and a shared living room with a home theater space.
- Adjacent to the activities area, the MALF will house a beauty salon/barber shop and a covered patio area with fenced backyard.
- The McClellan Assisted Living Facility will generate 26 total jobs, working over three shifts at the facility, in addition to the more than 3,000 jobs generated from the McClellan community.
- The McClellan Assisted Living Facility will provide residence to more than 60 people made up of local senior citizens and those related to residents of the local community.
- Sage Management is an Alabama-based senior housing management and consulting firm with more than 15 years of operating experience. With management contracts throughout the southeast, Sage Management is a leader in the health and senior-care facility management industry. (www.SageManagement.com )
- The McClellan Development Authority leads the economic development effort for McClellan, a 10,000-acre master-planned community. Working to provide economic and growth to the Anniston area, the MDA is dedicated to attracting diverse enterprises and increasing job opportunities for the residents of northeast Alabama. (www.ExploreMcClellan.com )
- The City of Anniston the City of Anniston is the commercial and industrial center of Calhoun County. Known as the “Model City”, the City of Anniston is focused on utilizing a citywide, citizen-based, strategic planning process to renew a collective thought in the expenditure, investment and commitments of the city’s financial resources. (From http://www.annistonal.gov/)
- Calhoun County Chamber of Commerce is a member-driven organization, coordinating and promoting the economic development of Calhoun County, Alabama, resulting in a community that is an outstanding place to live, work, and visit. (From www.CalhounChamber.com )
- McClellan Assisted Living Facility LP
About the Area:
- The area formerly known as Fort McClellan is a former military training installation now converted into a 10,000 acre master-planned community, bordered by the Mountain Longleaf Natural Wildlife Refuge. Complete with education facilities, dining establishments, cultural festivals and outdoor recreation facilities, the former Fort McClellan military base is home to more than 300 families and provides more than 3,000 jobs to the local community.
- McClellan is conveniently located in Anniston, Alabama, just off Interstate 20 between Birmingham, Alabama and Atlanta, Georgia.
Contact: Nick Wilmott, Director of Corporate Development
Email: NWilmott@chscorp.net | Phone: 251.747.2418