The Marketing Specialist – Executive Assistant is a new multi-faceted position. The person in this position will be expected to perform a variety of marketing and administrative duties. Ideal candidate is confident, responsive, thoughtful, creative, and positive, with the ability to work independently.
– Work with Director to develop a social media strategy.
– Assist in development and maintenance of the MDA website for marketing and informational purposes to effectively communicate MDA information to the public.
– Collaborate with Director on press releases and all external communications for public distribution.
– Assist in creating and managing an editorial calendar to ensure content is timely relevant and engaging.
– Draft and design monthly e-newsletter.
– Prepare bi-weekly updates and reports on success rates of post and campaigns.
– Be aware of social media trends and adapt accordingly.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– Welcome visitors and identify the purpose of their visit.
– Assist Director with project development.
– Organize meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders and organizing catering when necessary.
– Interact effectively with individuals from various public and private organizations.
– Ensure that all forms of communication with MDA customers, clients and vendors are accurate, friendly and responsive.
– Answer phone calls in a polite and professional manner.
– Prepare reports and/or special projects, which may include data collection, coordination, final copy preparation, distribution.
– Assist in overseeing office maintenance, ordering supplies, break room inventory etc.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
– Marketing Background
– Detail oriented, excellent writing and verbal communication skills
– Strong experience in the use of all major social media sites (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram)
– Graphic Designer Capabilities
– Website Development Skills / Use of Word Press
– Proficient with Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Power Point)
– Knowledge of Google analytics
– Knowledge of and understanding of SEO best practices
– Knowledge of Google Earth
– Bachelor Degree in Marketing (work experience may substitute for educational requirements)
– Marketing Experience (2-5 years)
– Administrative Experience, desirable
– Office Management Experience ,desirable
Range $40,000 – $50,000 based on experience
Send resume, application and professional references via mail, email or hand deliver.
Attn: Personnel Committee
McClellan Development Authority
4975 Bains Gap Road
Anniston, AL 36205
Must be received by Thursday, April 14, 2022 by 4:00 pm
Click below to download our application