About the Job
The Ground Crew position is full time. The ground crew member works under the direct supervision of the Director. This person performs manual work including grounds upkeep, maintenance and improvements and will assist with more involved task and projects on the property. The person in this position will be expected to follow directions, work independently, as well as, with a team and focus on the details. Ideal candidate is versed in the basic methods and practices of building and ground/landscaping maintenance and repair.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates tractor, back hoe, lawn mowers, weed eaters and trimmers for various ground maintenance activities.
- Assists in the performance of minor repairs and routine maintenance on trucks, tractors, motorized machinery and attachments.
- Uses a variety of equipment, hand tools and power tools to perform assigned duties.
- Drives MDA vehicles for hauling tools, fuel, utility trailer and other equipment to job site.
- Assists with maintenance and cleaning tasks performed on all vehicles, equipment and maintenance shop.
- Ensures regularly scheduled preventive maintenance tasks are performed on all vehicles and equipment. Immediately reports any problems with vehicles or equipment.
- Performs minor building repairs and maintenance on MDA buildings.
- Loads, unloads and moves supplies, materials and equipment to and from work sites.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
(Any item with an asterisk will be taught on the job)
- Ability to communicate with supervisor and co-workers.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Skill to read and understand operator manuals, directives, procedures and instructions.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions.
- Skill to operate and do light maintenance on trucks and tractors.
- Working knowledge of safety rules including accident prevention.*
- Working knowledge of first-aid procedures.*
- Must be able to perform all essential job functions.
- Must have and maintain a valid Alabama driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to work Monday – Friday from 7:30 am until 3:30 pm
- Willing to be prompt and prepared to work.
- Willing to work overtime and weekends in emergencies.
- Willing to comply with the following dress standards: neat personnel appearance with appropriate foot, head and hand gear. Clothing must be clean, without tears or holes.
- Must be able to perform strenuous tasks requiring strength and coordination.
- Must have the vision, hearing, ability and dexterity necessary to operate motorize vehicles, equipment, tools and power tools.
- Must be able to bend, talk, walk, hear, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and move heavy objects.
- Must have the dexterity to sufficiently operate levers, gears, etc.
- Must have required body mobility to climb on top of and crawl under various types of equipment.
The work involves moderate risks or discomfort which require special safety precautions, e.g., working outdoors in various climatic conditions, working in areas with a variety of wildlife; working around moving parts, carts or machines; working with various saws, blades and power tools and working on ladders to make repairs.
Five (5) years of experience in grounds keeping and maintenance is preferred.
Salary / Benefits
Salary Based on Experience
13 Paid Holidays
20 Days PTO
How to Apply
Apply in person between 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday or email your application to email@example.com
McClellan Development Authority
4975 Bains Gap Road, Anniston, AL 36205
Last day to apply is Friday, July 15, 2022
Click below for copy of the application.